A Call for Entries
By Joni Mount
The International Excellence in Masonry Awards competition is sponsored by the Mason Contractors Association of America (MCAA). Members of the MCAA realize that quality masonry projects are the result of strong creative vision and skilled execution. The purpose of the Awards is to give recognition to mason contractors, architects and building owners for outstanding accomplishments in masonry design and construction.
- Any work completed and landscaped between September 1, 2002 and September 1, 2005 is eligible to be entered. The major element of the project must be a masonry product. Brick, block, stone, glass block, tile or any other masonry product must be the dominant material. ABSOLUTELY NO PROJECTS UNDER CONSTRUCTION OR UNLANDSCAPED WILL BE ACCEPTED.
- Any mason contractor or registered architect may enter a project(s).
- Projects may only be entered twice over a three-year period.
- Any project that previously received an award from the International Excellence in Masonry competition cannot be resubmitted. However, winners of local, state and regional competitions are encouraged to submit their award winning projects to this international competition.
- If multiple mason contractors were involved with the project, all must be listed on the entry form.
The International Excellence in Masonry Awards has eight classifications. The entrant must classify their project(s). Mixed use entries (part commercial, part housing) should be classified according to their larger function.
- Pavers/Retaining Walls/Landscaping
- Education K-8
- Education 9-12
- Education College/University
- Download the "Call for Entries" form and submit it with the appropriate fee. Registration fees are $200.00 for the first entry and $150 for each additional entry.
- Upon receipt of the entry fee, the MCAA will mail you a submission binder. No entry fee will be returned, regardless of whether or not a completed submission binder follows.
|Call to Entry for and fees due:||December 2, 2005|
|Submission binder due:||January 3, 2006|
|Presentation of Awards:||March 30, 2006|
For additional information and inquiries, please call the MCAA at 800-536-2225 or visit the International Excellence in Masonry Awards Competition page of our website at www.masoncontractors.org/newsandevents/competitions/excellenceinmasonry.php.
About the Author
Joni Mount was the Manager of Sales for the Mason Contractors Association of America.