New PCA Codes and Standards Website
Recognizing an opportunity to help professionals and public alike, PCA has created a new area on its website to cover codes and standards, located at www.cement.org/codes.
PCA's Building Codes and Standards website is arranged by the following areas of interest:
- National model codes development - Local jurisdictions start with the model code and modify as they see fit.
- National reference standards development - Industry and society groups supplement the codes process with technical documents on specific subject matters.
- National guide development - Guides, which are in non-mandatory language, often lead the codes process.
- State and local code development - Model codes serve as examples for states and other jurisdictions. A useful feature here is a map that allows visitors to click on a state to view its codes, PCA and local contacts, code development entities and industry statistics.
- Fire safety in multi-family buildings - A specific area of focus talks about the important technical aspects of residential buildings and fire protection.
- Technical support - There are people behind these activities, and they can answer questions and provide other help.
For more information, visit the PCA Building Codes and Standards website at www.cement.org/codes.
About the Author
Based in Skokie, Ill., the Portland Cement Association represents cement companies in the United States and Canada. It conducts market development, engineering, research, education, and public affairs programs. For more information visit www.cement.org.