Thirty-Four Apprentice Bricklayers Complete Training Programs in St. Louis
Thirty-four apprentice bricklayers completed their 3-1/2-year training programs in 2006, and have received their journeyman cards. A list of new journeymen was made public in a joint announcement by John J. Smith, Jr., chairman of the Masonry Institute of St. Louis; Donald Brown, business manager of Bricklayers' Union Local No. 1 of Missouri and co-chairman of the school's joint trust; and Richard K. Swanson, president of Swanson Masonry and co-chairman of the school's joint trust.
The following list includes graduates for the period of January-December 2006. The new journeymen and their sponsoring firms are:
- Robert Allen, JDS Masonry
- Richard Barber, H.F. Booth & Sons
- Dwayne Bell, St. Charles Brick Co.
- Bryon Bowman, Patrico Masonry
- Brian Bradley, Grant Contracting Co.
- Eric Bradley, Spencer Brickwork
- Jacob Busk, John J. Smith Masonry Co.
- Matt Coriel, Superior Waterproofing & Restoration
- Terry Daniel, John J. Smith Masonry Co.
- Ben Douglas, Jahnsen Masonry Contracting
- Chris Dover, Heitkamp Masonry
- Jonathon Fiore, Robert Allman Inc.
- Matt Gerdes, Doug Nichols Masonry
- Jeff Heppermann, Doug Nichols Masonry
- Adam Herring, Superior Waterproofing & Restoration
- Todd Jacobs, John J. Smith Masonry Co.
- Scott Knese, E.C. Landers Brickwork
- Brian Koch, Sullentrup Bricklaying, LLC
- Joshua Kreher, Spencer Brickwork
- Jason Oberdas, Bergmann Masonry
- Randel Norris, The Harlan Co.
- Todd Roe, Superior Waterproofing & Restoration
- Jim Russom, John J. Smith Masonry Co.
- Michael Schott, Burt Masonry
- John Stringer, L & L Brick Contracting Co.
- Rick Struttmann, Leonard Masonry
- Charles Teal, Western Waterproofing Co.
- Craig Thomas, Thomas Masonry
- Jason Thomas, John J. Smith Masonry Co.
- James Thompson, Leonard Masonry
- Nathan Tyra, The Harlan Co.
- Cannon Williams, Spencer Brickwork
- Jason Wright, Spencer Brickwork
- Jeremiah Yount, Spencer Brickwork
About the Author
The Masonry Institute of St. Louis is a promotional organization that serves as an educational and informational resource on masonry design and construction on behalf of the Mason Contractors Association-St. Louis and Bricklayers' Union Local No. 1 of Missouri. For more information, please visit www.masonrystl.org.