TMS Releases Masonry Designersâ€™ Guide, Fifth Edition
Published by The Masonry Society (TMS), the fifth edition of the Masonry Designers' Guide has been updated to reflect the additions and changes in the 2005 edition of the Building Code Requirements for Masonry Structures (ACI 530/ASCE 5/TMS 402) and the Specification for Masonry Structures (ACI 530.1/ASCE 6/TMS 602). This new edition more closely follows design methods used for masonry, with additional information on how to use ACI 530/ASCE 5/TMS 402 & ACI 530.1/ASCE 6/TMS 602 with model building codes.
The following topics are new to this edition:
- A comprehensive review of the differences between ACI 530/ASCE 5/TMS 402 & ACI 530.1/ASCE 6/TMS 602 and the IBC 2006
- New chapters on allowable stress design, strength design and prestressed masonry design
- New and reformatted material on masonry quality assurance and quality control
- New information on autoclaved aerated masonry and thin-bed mortar
- Updated masonry inspection and quality assurance provisions
The purchase price for the guide is $78.75 for TMS members and $105 for non-members.
For more information or to purchase the new edition, please visit www.masonrysociety.org.
About the Author
The Masonry Society is an international gathering of people interested in the art and science of masonry whose mission is to advance the knowledge of masonry. To learn more about who we are, what we do, and how you can be involved, visit www.masonrysociety.org.