Free Williams Mullen Mini-Webinar
The "Nuts and Bolts" of E-Verify
Join Eliot Norman, Team Leader of Williams Mullen's Immigration Compliance Group, for a timely program that will help you prepare for federal mandates and rules in the 15 states requiring E-Verify electronic verification of employee identity and work authorization.
This free webinar will be held Thursday, June 11, 2009 from 1:00 PM to 2:30 PM EDT and will cover:
- Which federal contractors and subcontractors will have to use E-Verify after June 30, 2009?
- Dealing with your federal MOU (Memorandum of Understanding): What are your rights and responsibilities?
- Will participation in E-Verify give you a "Safe Harbor" from worksite enforcement?
- How does E-Verify work? Confirmations, temporary non- conformances, final non-confirmations, deadlines for notifying employees, CMPs (Civil Monetary Penalties)
- Dealing with problem cases: glitches in the system, error rates and more.
- Tactics for maximizing the benefits and minimizing the risks in enrolling in E-Verify: How best to roll it out among your locations and should you voluntarily apply it beyond new hires and employees assigned to federal contracts?
- "Nuts and Bolts" of getting the data off of Section 1 of the I-9 and into E-Verify: integrating both electronically; shredding the paper files.
- State E-Verify enforcement: The "crazy patch-work quilt" gets bigger.
- What are your obligations in the 15 E-Verify states: when, where and to what activities do the state laws apply?
- If E-Verify is here to stay, what are your "Best Practices" for making it work to your advantage? Should you voluntarily enroll even if state/federal mandates do not apply to your organization?
About the Author
he Mason Contractors Association of America (MCAA) is the national trade association representing mason contractors. The MCAA is committed to preserving and promoting the masonry industry by providing continuing education, advocating fair codes and standards, fostering a safe work environment, recruiting future manpower, and marketing the benefits of masonry materials. Visit www.masoncontractors.org to learn more.