Building Materials Estimating calculator
Now available in the MCAA Store
By Tim O’Toole
The Material Estimator is designed for contractors, trades people and estimators who need to estimate materials and costs for bricks, concrete, tile, flooring, fences, decks, gravel and more.
With the Material Estimator you can quickly and easily calculate yards, feet, inches, fractions and meters and material costs and allowances to get exactly the materials you need. Prevent estimating errors and save time and money. Quickly and accurately find material requirements for studs; 4x8, 4x9, 4x10, 4x12 sheets; board feet, floor tiles, blocks, bricks, gravel and paint, and more.
- Work directly in yards, feet, inches, fractions and meters – including square and cubic formats. No need to convert to decimals.
- Convert between all standard building math dimensions.
- Define and store values for materials such as grout, fence post spacing, custom tile, board width, bags of concrete, paint coverage and more.
- Calculate board feet and cost per unit.
- Quick linear, area and volume answers
- Solar/Dual Powered
The Material Estimator is now available to purchase through the MCAA Store at www.masoncontractors.org/shop.
About the Author
Tim O’Toole is the Director of Marketing, Education, and Information Technology for the MCAA. He has a Masters in Business Administration from Webster University and has worked in the masonry industry since 2003.