Air Barriers and Building Performance webinar
Construction considerations of air barrier systems
By Tim O’Toole
The Mason Contractors Association of America (MCAA) will present Air Barriers and Building Performance on Wednesday, June 26, 2013, at 10:00 AM CDT.
The presentation provides discussion of the design and construction considerations of air barrier systems to deliver building performance and control the issues of air exfiltration and infiltration. Specific discussions of building enclosure and air barriers include:
- design considerations,
- codes and standards,
- air barrier materials;
- development of construction documents,
- role of building enclosure peer review,
- shop drawings and mock ups,
- construction inspection and testing,
- importance of qualified and experienced air barrier subcontractors,
- building enclosure commissioning, and
- whole building testing.
- Understand why air barriers are necessary for building performance
- Have a basic knowledge of building enclosure issues related to design and construction of air barriers
- Recognize common problems experienced with air barrier design and construction
- Address potential building enclosure problem issues with knowledge and confidence
Register for Air Barriers and Building Performance at www.masoncontractors.org/live.
2013 Live Webinar Season PassThe Live Webinar Season Pass gives you and your entire company year-round access to all live and on demand recorded webinars for the calendar year. Sign up today for as little as $300.00.
Visit www.masoncontractors.org/live for more information and to view a full schedule of MCAA’s Live Webinar Series.
About the Author
Tim O’Toole is the Director of Marketing for the Mason Contractors Association of America (MCAA). He has a Masters in Business Administration from Webster University and has worked in the masonry industry since 2003.