Make Your Project Successful with Structural Masonry webinar
Have a working knowledge of masonry strength requirements
By Tim O’Toole
The Mason Contractors Association of America (MCAA) will present Make Your Project Successful with Structural Masonry on Wednesday, September 11, 2013, at 10:00 AM CDT.
Masonry is one of the oldest and most sought after building materials by building owners for new building construction. Masonry can serve as both finish and structure and is, therefore, extremely versatile adding both beauty and strength to the structure. The use of masonry is often limited in projects due to concerns regarding cost, scheduling, and quality assurance monitoring. Proper specification of masonry materials, development of contractor friendly details during the design process, in combination with a well defined quality assurance program during construction can minimize the ultimate cost and schedule duration of masonry construction and ensure a successful project.
This session will:
- Demonstrate methods for satisfying masonry strength requirements in accordance with Building
- Code Requirements for Masonry Structures (TMS 402-08/ACI 530-08/ASCE 5-08) while minimizing material and testing costs.
- Discuss specification methods to satisfy quality assurance requirements while minimizing field inspection and testing requirements.
- Discuss quality assurance inspection and testing methods with examples of appropriate uses for specific methods.
- Review state of the art nondestructive testing and inspection techniques that offer better verification of construction quality than can be achieved through visual inspection and material sampling.
- Review contractor friendly construction details to reduce field conflicts, construction schedule, and construction costs.
- Be able to take the concepts discussed and begin applying them to working projects or use them to develop design concepts for winning proposals featuring masonry construction.
- Have a working knowledge of masonry strength requirements in accordance with Building Code
- Requirements for Masonry Structures (ACI 530- 08/ASCE 5-08/TMS 402-08)
- Know specification methods to satisfy quality assurance requirements while minimizing field inspection and testing requirements
- Be familiar with state of the art nondestructive testing and inspection techniques that offer better verification of construction quality than can be achieved through visual inspection and material sampling
- Be familiar with contractor friendly construction details to reduce field conflicts, construction schedule and construction costs
Register for Make Your Project Successful with Structural Masonry at www.masoncontractors.org/live.
2013 Live Webinar Season PassThe Live Webinar Season Pass gives you and your entire company year-round access to all live and on demand recorded webinars for the calendar year. Sign up today for as little as $300.00.
Visit www.masoncontractors.org/live for more information and to view a full schedule of MCAA’s Live Webinar Series.
About the Author
Tim O’Toole is the Director of Marketing, Education, and Information Technology for the MCAA. He has a Masters in Business Administration from Webster University and has worked in the masonry industry since 2003.