Free Today’s Masonry Wall: A Synergy Between Systems webinar
Presented by Hohmann and Barnard, Inc.
By Tim O’Toole
The Mason Contractors Association of America (MCAA) will host Today’s Masonry Wall: A Synergy Between Systems on Monday, July 14, 2014, at 10:00 AM CDT, presented by Hohmann and Barnard, Inc.
The single largest issue in masonry wall design is the compatibility of various products that must work together to achieve the desired results. This can include air barrier systems, thru-wall flashings, and reinforcement/anchoring systems.
Hohmann and Barnard presents an accredited seminar which will discuss the importance of sourcing all materials from a single supplier as well as designating a single contractor to ensure compatibility of all building processes.
Topics covered include:
- Air/Vapor barrier basics
- Applications – fluid applied vs. sheet applied products
- Permeable vs. Non-permeable
- Using anchoring systems successfully with air and vapor barriers
- Advantages/Disadvantages and compatibility of various flashing materials
- Limiting Mold Problems with Moisture Management Systems
- Air ventilation within the cavity
This webinar is free to all attendees. Register for Today’s Masonry Wall: A Synergy Between Systems at www.masoncontractors.org/live.
About the Author
Tim O’Toole is the Director of Marketing, Education, and Information Technology for the MCAA. He has a Masters in Business Administration from Webster University and has worked in the masonry industry since 2003.