LafargeHolcim officially launched around the globe
A new leader for a new world
LafargeHolcim today officially launches the new Group around the world and announces key elements of its ambitions for the future. Following the successful completion of the merger between Lafarge and Holcim and the listing of the new LafargeHolcim shares in Zurich and Paris, the new Group will now work towards creating the highest performing company in the building materials industry.
LafargeHolcim CEO Eric Olsen says: “Now as LafargeHolcim, we will step into the next phase of our transformation to become the leader in every respect – a company that has a positive impact on the world and can make a real difference for its customers, its employees, its shareholders and society.”
LafargeHolcim’s new ambition supported by five key focus areasThe company is initiating a strategic transformation by building on the best of both Lafarge and Holcim. The Group will now focus on five areas in the first integration phase:
- Synergies: delivering on EUR 1.4 billion synergy target within three years
- Capital allocation: rigorous approach to capital allocation and overall reduction of capital spending
- Commercial transformation: creating differentiation through innovative products and solutions
- Integration: creating one new group and culture
- Health and Safety: putting Health and Safety at the center of the organization.
About the Author
With a well-balanced presence in 90 countries and a focus on cement, aggregates and concrete, LafargeHolcim is the world leader in the building materials industry.