Weekly maintenance of grout pumps
Mixers, pumps and delivery systems
To assure you grout pumps stay in check, Todd Ferguson, international product manager for Airplaco, offers the following maintenance tips:
- Service the engine according to engine manual specifications
- Check the complete hydraulic system for leaks, worn out hoses, etc.
- Clean the engine and hydraulic cooling system
- Drain the water box and clean it out thoroughly
- Check the piston cup seals for grout leakage
- Make sure the main shaft bearing and tailpipe housing are properly greased
- Check the wear plate-to-wear ring for signs of extensive wearing.
Originally published in Masonry magazine.
About the Author
Todd Ferguson is marketing manager for Mesa Industries Inc., parent company of four divisions, Airplaco Equipment Co., Gunite Supply, Mesa Rubber Co. and Mesa Fabrics. For more information, call 513-321-2950 or visit www.airplaco.com.