The Impact of Rework on Construction and Some Practical Remedies webinar
Reveal the true cost of rework
By Tim O’Toole
The Mason Contractors Association of America (MCAA) will present “The Impact of Rework on Construction and Some Practical Remedies” on Wednesday, August 3, 2016, at 10:00 AM CDT.
Rework in the construction industry is frequent and well known. It is a drain on productivity, profitability and timeliness of project delivery for both contractors and owners. Additionally, the need for rework can have spinoff or downstream impacts for all project stakeholders. The causes of rework are, likewise, very well known: design and construction changes; errors and omissions; project enhancements; operability changes; fabrication changes and errors, etc.
While rework is common, the impact has not been thoroughly assessed, studied or discussed. This webinar assesses and identifies the typical cost of rework on a wide range of project types. It shows how the cost of rework is frequently understated and provides an estimate of the true “average cost” of rework. The webinar also identifies the average impact of rework on project duration in terms of time as well as unrecoverable extended overheads and the cost of liquidated damages. Finally, the webinar identifies a number of practical methods that can be employed by owners and contractors to substantially reduce both the cost and time impact of rework.
This information packed, 90 minute webinar will help:
- Identify the reported cost of rework on construction as identified by a large number of studies.
- Reveal the true cost of rework.
- Provide an estimate of the average amount of delay caused by rework on the typical construction project.
- Provide an estimate of the delay cost arising from rework.
- Demonstrate a modeling technique which allows you to estimate the cost of rework on future projects.
- Offer a number of practical recommendations intended to reduce the amount of rework on future projects.
- Learn the typical causes of rework.
- Gain an understanding of the real cost and time impacts of rework on construction projects.
- Be provided with a model for predicting rework on new or future projects.
- Gain information on a number of practical ways to reduce the amount of rework on future projects.
- Contractor project managers, project sponsors, cost estimators and project control personnel.
- Construction managers and design professionals performing services during construction.
- Project owners and owner representatives.
This webinar is free to all attendees. Register for “The Impact of Rework on Construction and Some Practical Remedies” at www.masoncontractors.org/live.
Visit www.masoncontractors.org/live for more information and to view a full schedule of MCAA’s Live Webinar Series.
About the Author
Tim O’Toole is the Director of Marketing for the Mason Contractors Association of America (MCAA). He has a Masters in Business Administration from Webster University and has worked in the masonry industry since 2003.