Mechanics Liens and Related Rights Webinar
Learn the basic purpose of the mechanics lien act
By Tim O’Toole
The Mason Contractors Association of America (MCAA) will present “Mechanics Liens and Related Rights” on Wednesday, November 16, 2016, at 10:00 AM CDT.
This seminar will provide a summary overview of the Illinois Mechanics Lien Act for Contractors, Subcontractors and Suppliers. The seminar will be presented by two attorneys who have more than fifty years of combined experience representing all three groups.
You should expect to learn:
- The basic purpose of the mechanics lien act and a few basic terms that will help you to understand conversations about liens with your customers and your attorney.
- What are the time limits that must strictly be followed to use mechanics liens to get paid by your customer.
- What are the requirements for “perfecting” a lien and how do you avoid losing your lien rights.
- What additional requirements must be met by a subcontractor or someone working on a residential project.
- When liens will not work for you.
- What are some common misunderstandings about liens that will help you to use liens when most contractors cannot.
This webinar is free to all attendees. Register for “Mechanics Liens and Related Rights” at www.masoncontractors.org/live.
Visit www.masoncontractors.org/live for more information and to view a full schedule of MCAA’s Live Webinar Series.
About the Author
Tim O’Toole is the Director of Marketing for the Mason Contractors Association of America (MCAA). He has a Masters in Business Administration from Webster University and has worked in the masonry industry since 2003.