MIA+BSI Launches Natural Stone Testing Lab
Lab offers state-of-the-art testing and reporting
MIA+BSI is proud to announce the creation of a natural stone testing lab. This lab, powered by the association, offers state-of-the-art testing and reporting capabilities for industry members who are introducing new stone, need project-specific testing, or have outdated technical data. Published in June 2014, ASTM C1799, Guide to Dimension Stone Test Specimen Sampling and Preparation, recommends that test data used for stone performance evaluation be generated within the previous three years.
Special pricing for testing is available for MIA+BSI members, large volume orders, and bundled packages. All testing is performed in-house in MIA+BSI’s lab. Testing services are available for the following:
- ANSI A137.1 Dynamic Coefficient of Friction Using the BOT 3000
- ASTM C97 Absorption and Bulk Specific Gravity of Dimension Stone<
- ASTM C99 Modulus of Rupture of Dimension Stone
- ASTM C170 Compressive Strength of Dimension Stone<
- ASTM C880 Flexural Strength of Dimension Stone
- ASTM C1353 "Abrasion Resistance of Dimension Stone Subjected to Foot Traffic Using a Rotary Platform, Double-Head Abraser"
- ASTM C1354 Strength of Individual Stone Anchorages in Dimension Stone
- Freeze/Thaw Testing
For a quotation and/or additional information on testing services, please contact Stephanie Guilfoyle (firstname.lastname@example.org). Learn more at www.naturalstoneinstitute.org/lab.
About the Author
MIA+BSI: the Natural Stone Institute serves more than 1900 members in 55 countries who represent every aspect of the natural stone industry, offering them a wide array of technical and training resources, professional development, regulatory advocacy, and networking events. Learn more at www.naturalstoneinstitute.org.