Mechanics Liens and Related Rights
Provider: Mason Contractors Association of America
Discipline: Ethics & Business Practices
This seminar will provide a summary overview of the Illinois Mechanics Lien Act for Contractors, Subcontractors and Suppliers. The seminar will be presented by two attorneys who have more than fifty years of combined experience representing all three groups.
You should expect to learn:
- The basic purpose of the mechanics lien act and a few basic terms that will help you to understand conversations about liens with your customers and your attorney.
- What are the time limits that must strictly be followed to use mechanics liens to get paid by your customer.
- What are the requirements for “perfecting” a lien and how do you avoid losing your lien rights.
- What additional requirements must be met by a subcontractor or someone working on a residential project.
- When liens will not work for you.
- What are some common misunderstandings about liens that will help you to use liens when most contractors cannot.
For more information please visit www.masoncontractors.org or contact Mason Contractors Association of America at 800-536-2225.
Future Dates and Locations
|No courses scheduled|