The Practical Design of Temporary Masonry Bracing
Provider: Mason Contractors Association of Greater Chicago
This presentation will discuss the advantages and disadvantages of the three types of temporary bracing systems for masonry walls under construction:
1. Externally Braced
2. Internally Braced - Unreinforced
3. Internally Braced - Reinforced
Design tables will be distributed for all three systems.
Participants will learn:
- "Comparison of the OSHA Wall Bracing Safety Standard" and the industry "Standard Practice for Bracing Masonry Walls Under Construction"
- To easily design temporary bracing using all three systems for the majority of wall conditions masonry contractors are faced with
- To check the foundation for overturning
- To properly size a surface deadman
- To calculate brace forces and brace capcity
- To know when to contact an engineer for assistance (which will be limited to just a minority of wall conditions from here on out
For more information please visit www.chicagomasons.org or contact Mason Contractors Association of Greater Chicago at 847-824-0146.
Future Dates and Locations
|No courses scheduled|