Today's Masonry Wall: A Synergy Between Systems
Provider: Mason Contractors Association of America
Discipline: Masonry Products
The single largest issue in masonry wall design is the compatibility of various products that must work together to achieve the desired results. This can include air barrier systems, thru-wall flashings, and reinforcement/anchoring systems.
Hohmann and Barnard presents an accredited seminar which will discuss the importance of sourcing all materials from a single supplier as well as designating a single contractor to ensure compatibility of all building processes.
Topics covered include:
- Air/Vapor barrier basics
- Applications – fluid applied vs. sheet applied products
- Permeable vs. Non-permeable
- Using anchoring systems successfully with air and vapor barriers
- Advantages/Disadvantages and compatibility of various flashing materials
- Limiting Mold Problems with Moisture Management Systems
- Air ventilation within the cavity
For more information please visit www.masoncontractors.org or contact Mason Contractors Association of America at 800-536-2225.
Future Dates and Locations
|No courses scheduled|