Understanding Masonry Codes & Standards
Discipline: Codes & Standards
Engineering codes and standards dictate everything from the materials, to the design, to the construction of masonry structures throughout the US. ASTM Standards cover masonry materials (units, mortar, grout, steel) and testing (field and laboratory) for both the designers and the contractors. The Masonry Standards Joint Committee (MSJC) gives guidance on how to design and construct masonry structures. Often, contractors do not know, or understand what these codes and standards mean and how it directly affects their businesses. In this session, the differences in masonry codes and standards, the changes for the new 2011 edition and how these documents affect mason contractors will be discussed in-depth.
1. Explore the basics of masonry materials, design and construction
2. Identify the corresponding ASTM Standards
3. Examine how US Codes and Standards are developed
4. Discuss the 2011 MSJC Code and Specification
5. Determine the importance of these codes and standards to mason contractors
For more information please visit www.worldofconcrete.com or contact Informa at 972-536-6416.
Future Dates and Locations
|No courses scheduled|