Workers Saved Goshen Home
Bryan Beausoleil owes a lot to JDC Masonry of Torrington. The company's owner Jason Cardillo and his crew of men saved Beausoleil's home on Route 63 in Goshen from a small fire that started in the garage and quickly grew to engulf the front of the garage with five-foot high flames.
"He and his crew were able to keep the fire under control until the fire department got there, using whatever means they had handy. They literally saved the house from burning down," Beausoleil said.
The fire, caused by green hay that had been stored there the day before with the expectation of rain, started around 1:30 p.m. when no one was home. ...
"We instinctively started grabbing onto the burning bales of hay and throwing them out of the garage as fast as we could," [Cardillo] explained. ...
About six or seven firefighters responded to the call within 10 or 15 minutes after one of the workers made the call. Cardillo and his men — none of whom have any experience with firefighting — all suffered from minimal burns and smoke inhalation.
About the Author
The Litchfield Enquirer was a Connecticut weekly newspaper covering local news including local sports, video and multimedia coverage and classified advertising.