Six Cement Plants Receive Recognition
Six cement plants received special recognition for commitment to improving the environment and their communities at the Eighth Annual Cement Industry Environment and Energy Awards, presented by Portland Cement Association (PCA) and Cement Americas magazine at PCA’s Spring Meeting in Chicago.
The awards honor individual cement facilities that exemplify the spirit of continuous environmental improvement and support this spirit with action. These plants went beyond government regulations and local laws to ensure that their processes and policies contributed to making their communities better places to live and work.
Six categories recognized plants throughout the United State:
- Overall Environmental Excellence: Titan America LLC/Roanoke Cement Co., Troutville, Va.
- Outreach: Holcim (US) Inc., Theodore, Ala.
- Environmental Performance: Holcim (US) Inc., Holly Hill, S.C.
- Land Stewardship: CEMEX, Knoxville, Tenn.
- Innovation: Buzzi Unicem USA, Greencastle, Ind.
- Energy Efficiency: California Portland Cement Co., Mojave, Calif.
About the Author
Based in Skokie, Ill., the Portland Cement Association represents cement companies in the United States and Canada. It conducts market development, engineering, research, education, and public affairs programs. For more information visit www.cement.org.