Dick Jennison Resigns as President and CEO of BIA
Gregg Borchelt named Interim CEO
BIA Chairman Mike Jenkins announced that Dick Jennison hadtendered his resignation as President and CEO of the Association – a position he held since August, 2002. Dick has elected to leave BIA in order to pursue other professional challenges and opportunities.
“Doubtlessly, we all have many good reasons to admire Dick’s work on our industry’s behalf over the past seven plus years as well as good memories of our times spent with him. As I reflect on the condition of our Association back in 2002 compared to where we are today, it is readily apparent that we have made considerable progress in the pursuit of our mission – and many of the successes relate tothe initiatives and commitment that Dick has provided to our Association,” explains Jenkins. Among Jennison’s most notable contributions during his tenure are the following:
- Unification of the industry by merging three regional, autonomous brick associations under the Brick Industry Association umbrella organization
- Creation of the “Five Year Strategic Marketing Plan” to provide a strategic framework from which to align and measure programs and spending initiatives across BIA and its four regions
- Achievement of unqualified audit opinions for seven straight years
- Development of new and expanded Knowledge Capital Programs to provide fact-based, decision-making tools to its members
- Design, establishment and deployment of a new regional strategic business model utilizing manufacturer and distributor involvement in the 17 state Midwest/Northeast Region
- Performance testing and comparison of brick veneer and other residential claddings
At the same time, Chairman Jenkins announced, with “a genuine source of pride,” that J. GreggBorchelt, P.E., is now the interim Chief Executive Officer of the Association. Borchelt, Secretary of BIA, and head of the Engineering and Research department since 1988, is well-suited to help the Association fulfill its mission statement and continue its pursuit of the seven strategic goals.
About the Author
J. Gregg Borchelt, P.E. is the President and Chief Executive Officer and Vice President of Engineering and Research for the Brick Industry Association (BIA). He was in charge of technical information for BIA; Gregg also chairs ASTM Subcommittee C 15.02 on Brick and Clay Tile.