SWRInstitute Publishes Air Barrier Technical Bulletin
Latest bulletin in technical series now available
By Debra Nemec
The Sealant, Waterproofing & Restoration Institute (SWRInstitute) released the latest addition to its Technical Bulletin Series about air barriers.
Like the other bulletins in the Technical Series, this issue outlines basic principles to help the end-user understand each component involved in various sealant, waterproofing and restoration systems. Specifically, Technical Bulletin #16: Air Barriers describes:
- How drainage water can move between a building’s exterior and interior components.
- Components of an air barrier system and how they impact a building’s health.
- Types of air barriers and how they work.
- Vapor retarders and the impact/role of vapor diffusion.
- Water-resistive barriers and their critical placement.
- Proper placement of air barriers, vapor retarders and water-resistive barriers.
- Construction considerations.
About the Author
Debra Nemec is the Vice President of the Sealant Waterproofing and Restoration Institute.