Scaffold Plank Supplier Quiz
Questions to ask your supplier or manufacturer
Here are a few questions that could be asked of your supplier or manufacturer:
- Does your manufacturer guarantee 100 percent scaffold plank grade material or better? Is it in writing?
- Does your plank manufacturer provide a warranty? If so, what is it? Is it in writing?
- Does your plank manufacturer have a quality control process in place to eliminate grade offages?
- What Third Party Agency overseas your supplier’s grading process? Does this agency oversee the quality control process as well?
- What is your manufacturer’s plank safety record?
- Does your manufacturer load test for added security?
- Should you receive off-grade material, what is your recourse?
- Does your manufacturer carry liability insurance? Are you a named insured?
Originally published in Masonry magazine.
About the Author
Masonry, the official publication of the Mason Contractors Association of America, covers every aspect of the mason contractor profession - equipment and techniques, building codes and standards, business planning, promoting your business, legal issues and more. Read or subscribe to Masonry magazine at www.masonrymagazine.com.