Confined Space Entry Training course now available
Based on OSHA 1910.146 standards
By Tim O’Toole
The Mason Contractors Association of America (MCAA) now offers on demand training for confined space entry.
The Confined Space Entry Training course is based on the OSHA 1910.146 permit-required confined space standards for general industry. Objectives of this course are for the student to:
- Understand the scope and application of OSHA's various confined space entry standards
- Identify "Confined Spaces", then determine if they are "Permit Required"
- Understand OSHA requirements for developing and maintaining a "Permit-required confined space entry program" / permit
- Know responsibilities of entrants, attendants, entry supervisors, contractors
- Identify when you may utilize OSHA's "Alternate Entry" and "Reclassification" procedures
- Understand the requirements for "Rescue & Emergency Services"
- Have a basic knowledge of the general use and limitations of related equipment
Mason contractors registered for Masonry Certification will receive eight credits in the safety discipline upon completion of this course.
For more information or to register please visit the MCAA Virtual University.
About the Author
Tim O’Toole is the Director of Marketing for the Mason Contractors Association of America (MCAA). He has a Masters in Business Administration from Webster University and has worked in the masonry industry since 2003.