Masonry Cavity Wall Design webinar
Presented by Dow Building Solutions
By Jan McKinnon
The Mason Contractors Association of America (MCAA) will host Masonry Cavity Wall Design, presented by Dow Building Solutions, on Tuesday, July 31, 2012, at 10:00 AM CDT.
This free program will provide the design and contractor community with the knowledge they need to make informed decisions when specifying a simple solution for exceptional long-term thermal insulating performance and excellent air/vapor barrier capability in brick and block walls.
- Two well-known, trusted and proven products come together — STYROFOAM™ CAVITYMATE™ Ultra and GREAT STUFF PRO™ Gaps & Cracks — to form the Ultra Air Barrier Wall System
- Delivers one solution for continuous insulation and air/vapor barrier
- Meets code for continuous insulation AND air barrier
- ASTM E2357 — air leakage testing
- Approved air barrier assembly by ABAA
- Simple to detail for easy, yet high quality, field installation
- STYROFOAM CAVITYMATE Ultra
- Maximum effective thermal performance (R5.6/inch); back by 50 year thermal warranty
- Outperforms in high moisture cavity wall applications
- Understanding of the design history and background of block cavity walls
- Understanding of the cavity wall environment and the importance of how wall design affects moisture, air and energy within the wall system
- Understanding of how a simple wall design controls air, moisture and energy loss
- Understanding of how to properly install the components of this simple wall design
- Understanding of building code requirements as it relates to mass walls
- Overview of how wall design affects LEED credits
Mason contractors registered for Masonry Certification will receive 1.50 credit in the masonry products discipline upon completion of this course.
Register for Masonry Cavity Wall Design. Registration is free for all attendees.
Visit www.masoncontractors.org/live for a full schedule of MCAA’s Live Webinar Series.
About the Author
Jan McKinnon is the Senior Communications Manager for Dow Building Solutions.