Announcing the 2014 MC&MCA awards contest
Excellence in Masonry Design and Construction and Outstanding Usage of Poured in Place Concrete
By Renae Rogers
Applications for the 2014 Excellence Contest are now being accepted. The application process runs August 1-31, 2013. Guidelines and applications are available on-line at www.mcmca.com or by calling the MC&MCA office at 651-293-0892.
PLEASE READ THE GUIDELINES CAREFULLY. There have been some changes this year.
New for 2014
- There are two new categories: Interior Decorative CMU, Structural or Veneer and Exterior Decorative CMU, Structural or Veneer
- MC&CMA Contractors can now credit their material manufacturers, producers and suppliers. (manufacturers, producers and suppliers must be MC&MCA members to receive credit)
TIPS for better reviews by architect judges
- Submit photos that reflect and address the judging criteria. (see the Award Guidelines for the specific judging criteria.)
- Submit a detailed project description (see Award Guidelines for specific
- The best project descriptions and good photos often result in higher judges’ scores.
Projects located in greater Minnesota (defined as more than 75 miles outside of the 694 &35W exchange) will continue to be judged by photographs submitted by MC&MCA members.
Last year, there were 37 masonry entries and 10 concrete entries. With the slowly improving economy, we hope to see more entries in our 2014 contest! Photos of last year’s winning projects are on line at www.mcmca.com.
MC&MCA sponsors the Excellence Contest as a way to recognize quality architectural design and workmanship in the area of concrete and masonry and promote increased public awareness of the advantages of our industry’s products and services.
Excellence Awards will be presented at the annual MC&MCA Convention on
Friday, February 21, 2014.
About the Author
Renae Rogers is the Project Manager for the Minnesota Concrete and Masonry Contractors Association.