BIM for Masonry Initiative moving forward
Phase II Project Managers named
Project managers have been named for the four major project areas of Phase II of the Building Information Modeling for Masonry (BIM-M) Initiative which will be implementing the roadmap developed in Phase I. These project managers are experts in the field of masonry design and construction.
The projects and managers include:
- Masonry Unit Model Definition, Manager Jeff Elder, Interstate Brick, West Jordan, Utah
- Masonry BIM Benchmark, Manager David Biggs, Biggs Consulting Engineering, Troy, NY
- Masonry Wall Model Definition, Manager - Jamie Davis, Ryan-Biggs Associates, Skaneateles, NY
- Structural Modeling Group, Manager - Tomas Amor, Target Corporation, Minneapolis, MN
- Architectural Modeling Group, Manager - Maria Viteri, International Masonry Institute, Annapolis, MD
- Contractor Education, Manager - David Biggs, Biggs Consulting Engineering, Troy, NY
These four projects will position masonry products, systems and delivery in a way that BIM software developers can implement the data into software packages.
BIM-M is an international initiative by the masonry industries of the United States and Canada that was created in 2012 to develop cutting edge software for use by architects, engineers, contractors, suppliers and masons. The purpose is to improve the design and construction of masonry buildings in North America.
For further information on the roadmap and/or National BIM-M Initiative, contact David Biggs at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Author
David Sovinski is the International Masonry Institute’s (IMI’s) national director of industry development. IMI represents an alliance between the International Union of Bricklayers and Allied Craftworkers (BAC) and union masonry contractors. His experience includes masonry project manager, estimator, and architecture and technology teacher at Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis (IUPUI). Sovinski has a degree in construction management from Purdue University. He can be contacted via email at email@example.com.