Free Understanding Masonry webinar
A look at masonry’s quality, cost effectiveness, and efficiencies
By Tim O’Toole
The Mason Contractors Association of America (MCAA) will present Understanding Masonry on Wednesday, March 19, 2014, at 10:00 AM CDT.
This presentation was developed for Architects, Engineers, Construction managers and General Contractors through the Carolinas Concrete Masonry Association and the Masonry Institute of Michigan. Understanding Masonry will take a look at masonry’s:
- Quality of Performance will include the benefits that special inspection for structural masonry brings to the table.
- Cost Effectiveness will take a look at initial construction costs and life cycle analysis.
- Scheduling Efficiencies will examine the benefits achieved by using no-lead time order materials like concrete masonry units in the construction of masonry walls, lintels, stairways and elevator shafts.
- Energy Efficiencies will demonstrate how to open the cavity in a multi-wythe CMU and brick wall to increase the amount of insulation and explain the affects of Thermal Mass on R values.
- System Efficiencies will explain how the new RAM Bentley software can quickly, efficiently and economically design structural masonry elements.
This webinar is free to all attendees. Register for Understanding Masonry at www.masoncontractors.org/live.
2014 Live Webinar Season PassThe Live Webinar Season Pass gives you and your entire company year-round access to all live and on demand recorded webinars for the calendar year. Sign up today for as little as $300.00.
Visit www.masoncontractors.org/live for more information and to view a full schedule of MCAA’s Live Webinar Series.
About the Author
Tim O’Toole is the Director of Marketing for the Mason Contractors Association of America (MCAA). He has a Masters in Business Administration from Webster University and has worked in the masonry industry since 2003.