2015 Concrete Masonry Design Awards of Excellence
Entry Deadline: May 15, 2015
The Concrete Masonry Design Awards of Excellence showcases design and construction excellence using manufactured concrete masonry and hardscape products – concrete masonry units, manufactured stone veneer, articulating concrete block, segmental retaining wall units and interlocking concrete pavers – in residential, commercial and landscape applications.
Winning entries serve as testimony to the creativity and ingenuity of the design team, focusing on the use of manufactured concrete masonry and hardscape products. The winners will be featured in Concrete Masonry Designs, the NCMA website, and other industry publications.
To enter, you will need the following information:
- Name and company of submitting company
- Project name
- Location of project
- Project designer/architect
- Product manufacturer(s)
- Mason Contractor/Installer
- 300-word description of project
- Up to eight photos
- Entry fee ($50 members, $75 non-members)
- Design Resolution – Project demonstrates exemplary skill and sensitivity in the resolution of formal, functional and technical requirements.
- Environmental Advancement – Project demonstrates a commitment to environmentally sensitive design and conservation.
- Preservation/Restoration – Project demonstrates skill, sensitivity and thoughtfulness in preservation, restoration or the alternate reuse of an existing building regardless of its original architectural intentions.
- Societal Advancement – Project demonstrates a commitment to social progress.
- Technical Advancement – Project explores new technologies and their architectural implications.
About the Author
Randi Hertzberg is the Manager of Communications at National Concrete Masonry Association.