Sustainability Standard tops NSC 2014 accomplishments
ANSI/NSC 373 Sustainability Standard a highlight for Natural Stone Council
The release of the ANSI/NSC 373 Sustainability Standard was a highlight of the Natural Stone Council (NSC) 2014 accomplishment list, according to NSC chairman Moe Bohrer, as he addressed a number of stone industry leaders at StonExpo West / Marmomacc Americas 2015 in Las Vegas, NV.
Additional 2014 NSC accomplishments included:
- Joining the Construction Industry Safety Coalition (CISC) to insure the natural stone industry's voice is heard specific to proposed changes to the allowable silica exposure levels by the U.S. Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA)
- Monitoring and keeping member associations informed about a variety of regulatory agencies impacting the stone industry
- Establishing an associate membership category for stone associations outside of the U.S. to become active with NSC initiatives
- Assembling a new NSC member association annual dues structure to help provide a more regular base of ongoing financial support
- Joining together with several stone associations to provide continuing education on the show floor at the American Institute of Architects (AIA) annual convention in Chicago, IL
About the Author
The Natural Stone Council formed in 2003 to unify the industry in promoting the value and use of Genuine Stone® in all building applications. For more information, please visit www.naturalstonecouncil.org.