Secretary of Labor appoints members to the Federal Advisory Council on Occupational Safety and Health
Helmer, Worthington, Emerson, Williams, Junemann and Rodriguez to serve on FACOSH
By Jesse Lawder
Secretary of Labor Thomas E. Perez recently appointed six members to serve on the Federal Advisory Council on Occupational Safety and Health.
FACOSH advises the Secretary of Labor on all matters relating to the occupational safety and health of federal employees. This includes providing advice on how to reduce the number of injuries and illnesses in the federal workforce and how to encourage each federal executive branch department and agency to establish and maintain effective occupational safety and health programs.
The following members are newly-appointed and will serve through Dec. 31, 2017:
- Dr. Gary Wayne Helmer, chief, safety division, National Transportation Safety Board –federal agency management representative
- Dr. Patricia R. Worthington, director, Office of Health and Safety, Office of Health, Safety and Security, U.S. Department of Energy – federal agency management representative
- Catherine Emerson, chief human capital officer, U.S. Department of Homeland Security – federal agency management representative
- Dr. Richard S. Williams, chief health and safety officer, National Aeronautics and Space Administration – federal agency management representative
- Gregory Junemann, international president, International Federation of Professional and Technical Engineers – labor representative
- Milagro Rodriguez, occupational health and safety specialist, American Federation of Government Employees – labor representative
About the Author
Jesse Lawder is the Special Assistant at U.S. Department of Labor.