Pricing Contractor Delay Costs webinar
Review eight methods for calculating extended field office overhead costs
By Tim O’Toole
The Mason Contractors Association of America (MCAA) will present Pricing Contractor Delay Costs on Monday, July 6, 2015, at 10:00 AM CDT.
When contractors encounter owner caused (excusable/compensable) delay they are typically entitled under the contract to recover both the time resulting from the delay, as well as delay damages. Typically, contractors seek to recover their delay costs -- extended field office overhead or general conditions costs. Calculating this cost is more complex than dealing with direct delay costs. There are at least eight methods for calculating extended field office overhead costs and none of the calculations arrive at the same daily cost.
This webinar reviews all eight methods – offering commentary on the strong and weak points of each. In addition, the webinar will offer recommendations on how project owners can resolve this dilemma in advance of delays, thus making the issue less contentious should a contractor encounter an owner caused delay.
This information packed, 90 minute webinar will help you:
- Understand the term “field office overhead”
- Identify what expenses are typically found in a contractor’s field office overhead account
- Prove extended field office overhead costs
- Understand the benefits and shortcomings of the eight methods of calculating extended field office overhead costs
- Learn about the three general or basic methods of calculating extended field office overhead costs
- Carefully craft and include a method of calculation in the contract documents
- And much, much more!
Mason contractors registered for Masonry Certification will receive 1.50 credits in the Ethics and Business Practices discipline upon completion of this course.
This webinar is free to all attendees. Register for Pricing Contractor Delay Costs at www.masoncontractors.org/live.
Visit www.masoncontractors.org/live for more information and to view a full schedule of MCAA’s Live Webinar Series.
About the Author
Tim O’Toole is the Director of Marketing for the Mason Contractors Association of America (MCAA). He has a Masters in Business Administration from Webster University and has worked in the masonry industry since 2003.