Structural Masonry Walls: Responsibilities of the Mason Contractor Part I webinar
What crews must do to satisfy building code requirements
By Tim O’Toole
The Mason Contractors Association of America (MCAA) will present “Structural Masonry Walls: Responsibilities of the Mason Contractor Part I” on Wednesday, March 2, 2016, at 10:00 AM CST.
No other building system has the fire, energy, durability and cost advantages of a structural masonry system. Designers must have confidence that the materials, workmanship and inspection services meet their expectations or they will simply design with different materials for their clients.
The seminar will be focused on what mason crews must do to satisfy building code requirements. The presenters will candidly explain common concerns engineers have with masonry installations and detail steps masonry superintendents can take to satisfy these concerns.
Attend this seminar to learn:
- How recent changes to the building code will affect construction of structural masonry walls.
- Placement of reinforcement and grout, what the building code requires and doesn’t require.
- Grout consolidation and reconsolidation, what engineers and special inspectors should expect to see, and what grout crews must understand.
- How self-consolidating grout can be used to reduce labor and improve quality.
- ASTM C90 “Standard Specification for Loadbearing Concrete Masonry Units.” How dramatic changes to the most frequently used block specification can improve structural quality and reduce the mason’s costs.
- Forensic tools that help both mason contractors and special inspectors confirm structural compliance
- RFI’s and nonconformance communications that respect the responsibilities of the designer and advance the interests of the mason contractor.
This webinar is free to all attendees. Register for “Structural Masonry Walls: Responsibilities of the Mason Contractor Part I” at www.masoncontractors.org/live.
Visit www.masoncontractors.org/live for more information and to view a full schedule of MCAA’s Live Webinar Series.
About the Author
Tim O’Toole is the Director of Marketing for the Mason Contractors Association of America (MCAA). He has a Masters in Business Administration from Webster University and has worked in the masonry industry since 2003.