MCAA Midyear Meeting Safety Measures
The MCAA is excited to announce that the 2020 Midyear Meeting is a go. We are expecting a refreshing time for members to network safely and in accordance with CDC guidelines from September 13-17. For more information and to register, please visit midyear.masoncontractors.org.
As a result of several questions we've received, here is a list of safety protocols that the French Lick Resort is following:
- Masks are required in public areas where social distancing can't be maintained. The MCAA will be providing custom masks to all attendees.
- No buffets. All meals will be plated, unless a boxed option is available and appropriate.
- No room drops.
- In-room dining is currently not an option, although this may change prior to our arrival.
- Name badges will be handed out in a different, safer manner.
- Attendee temperatures will be taken at check in and as needed throughout the day (similar to how it is done on jobsites).
- Meetings will have no more than six people at each table, if those six have been traveling together or are family. Otherwise, four will be the maximum for each table to maintain six-foot social distancing.
- Speed Dating will occur in a large venue conducive to social distancing. We will keep groups small and move people along relatively quickly. The touching part of Speed Dating will not be permitted. The venue will not accommodate more than 20 stations. We have eight companies confirmed with six strongly considering the event.
- All meeting spaces will have hand sanitizing stations in back and other stations will be positioned throughout the resort.
- Every guest will receive personal hand sanitizer at check in.
- Shuttles are not permitted for large groups, and all events will take place on site. Public shuttles will be running, but limited on how many are allowed to ride at a time. Social distancing is required on the shuttles.
- Every room and all contents within are sanitized after every event. Notepads and pens will be at the back of the meeting rooms for those who need them. They will not be reused.
- People are not permitted to change seats once they have selected one during meetings.
- All of our meeting space has been sized up to allow more room for proper social distancing.
- We will not have lines during any of our functions. If lines begin to form, they will be quickly disbanded and people will be moved to make sure proper distance is maintained.
- Attendees will be encouraged to not shake hands. At the MCAA office, we have taken on the traditional East Asian custom of bowing to one another when we meet.
- Golfing, of course, is an ideal and fun way to social distance. We have two outings planned.
- People will be reminded of COVID-19 signs and symptoms. If anyone experiences any of these signs of symptoms, they will be told not to attend any events.
- All guest rooms are thoroughly sanitized between stays, and they currently do not clean rooms daily unless requested.
About the Author
Jeff Buczkiewicz is the President and CEO of the Mason Contractors Association of America. Jeff has worked in the masonry industry for several years as the Executive Vice President of the Building Stone Institute and the Director of Marketing and Membership for the Mason Contractors Association of America. Jeff has also served as Secretary on the Board of the Natural Stone Council and is a former Board Member of the StonExpo Federation.