Avoiding the Pitfalls of an OCIP/CCIP
Provider: Mason Contractors Association of California, Inc.
With a bill in the legislature right now (SB 1077) pushing for OCIP transparency in commercial projects, now is an opportune time to learn about some of those clauses and unique OCIP features that can trip you up and leave you on the hook. Bruce Wick is an industry leader and educator on issues critical to the construction industry including insurance, Cal/OSHA, construction defect, and workplace safety. He has also served as a key ally to MCAC through 10+ years of silica regulation and will provide us with some key points on navigating an OCIP agreement.
1. What should we look for in reviewing an OCIP/CCIP policy?
2. What are the options when there appears to be inadequate coverage?
3. Why is the insurance certificate/Additional Insured process so hard on an OCIP/CCIP program?
4. What are the ramifications of opting out of the OCIP/CCIP program?
5. What are the special considerations with a Multi-Use project covered by an OCIP/CCIP?
6. What are the contractual considerations on an OCIP/CCIP covered project?
For more information please visit www.mca-ca.org or contact Mason Contractors Association of California, Inc. at 916-966-7666.
Future Dates and Locations
|No courses scheduled|