Building Information Modeling for Masonry (BIM-M): Implementing the Masonry Unit Database
Provider: Mason Contractors Association of America
Discipline: Bidding Practices
We invite all of our stakeholders, but especially masonry material suppliers, to attend this webinar. Your input is essential to the future success of BIM-M.
On Friday, 29 August at 1:00 PM CDT, 2:00 PM EDT, the Building Information Modeling for Masonry Initiative will give a webinar on the Masonry Unit Database. The Masonry Unit Database or “MUD” is intended to act as a digital repository for geometric and material property information about masonry units. The MUD is intended to facilitate materials comparisons and selection by architects and owners. And, in the future, it will act as the repository of masonry unit information for BIM applications
The webinar will introduce:
- The structure of the database.
- A discussion of the information that is included (and not included) in the database.
- An overview of applications that will access the database.
- The plan for trial implementation of the database, starting this fall.
We invite you to review the most recent report from Georgia Tech before the webinar:
The BIM-M Masonry Unit Team speaking at the webinar will be:
- Jeff Elder, General Manager at Interstate Brick, who is the project manager for the Masonry Unit Database project.
- Russell Gentry, Associate Professor at Georgia Tech and BIM-M project lead on the MUD project.
- Shani Sharif, Graduate Research Assistant in the Digital Building Lab at Georgia Tech.
For more information please visit www.masoncontractors.org or contact Mason Contractors Association of America at 800-536-2225.
Future Dates and Locations
|No courses scheduled|