Pricing Contractor Delay Costs
Provider: Mason Contractors Association of America
Discipline: Ethics & Business Practices
When contractors encounter owner caused (excusable/compensable) delay they are typically entitled under the contract to recover both the time resulting from the delay, as well as delay damages. Typically, contractors seek to recover their delay costs – extended field office overhead or general conditions costs. Calculating this cost is more complex than dealing with direct delay costs. There are at least eight methods for calculating extended field office overhead costs and none of the calculations arrive at the same daily cost.
This webinar reviews all eight methods – offering commentary on the strong and weak points of each. In addition, the webinar will offer recommendations on how project owners can resolve this dilemma in advance of delays, thus making the issue less contentious should a contractor encounter an owner caused delay.
This information packed, 90 minute webinar will help you:
- Understand the term “field office overhead”
- Identify what expenses are typically found in a contractor’s field office overhead account
- Prove extended field office overhead costs
- Understand the benefits and shortcomings of the eight methods of calculating extended field office overhead costs
- Learn about the three general or basic methods of calculating extended field office overhead costs
- Carefully craft and include a method of calculation in the contract documents
- And much, much more!
This webinar is a must if you’re a public or private owner, construction manager, contractor, subcontractor, consultant, architect, engineer or attorney.
For more information please visit www.masoncontractors.org or contact Mason Contractors Association of America at 800-536-2225.
Future Dates and Locations
|No courses scheduled|