Structural Lessons from Hurricanes and Tornadoes
Provider: Mason Contractors Association of America
Discipline: Codes & Standards
Structural Lessons from Hurricanes and Tornadoes will cover basic structural concepts and some of the masonry failure areas observed from hurricanes and tornadoes.
The structural areas that are part of the program are:
- Bond beams including the difference between one course (8 in) and two course (16 in) and there performance during wind storms
- Tension and compression in bond beams and how steel placement effects the strength
- How the frequency of bond beam tie downs effect wind performance
- Proper and improper lapping of reinforcement particularly at corners
- Problems with un-grouted cells containing reinforcement
- Importance of roof truss strapping
For more information please visit www.masoncontractors.org or contact Mason Contractors Association of America at 800-536-2225.
Future Dates and Locations
|No courses scheduled|