Train-the-Trainer: Rigging and Signaling
In this 4-hour trainer workshop, employers’ attendees will receive a complete in-house qualification program and training on how to implement. Participants will become authorized as in-house instructors to teach rules/regulations on how to properly select, inspect and use basic rigging as well as signaling/spotting for overhead hoisting. Signaling, spotting and recognizing the hazards of working around cranes are also included in this program. This program will assist employers in complying with the new Federal Crane rule requiring qualified riggers and signal persons on the job site.
• Summarize basic safety rules when working around cranes and loads hoisted overhead.
• Understand the selection, inspection, ratings, rejection criteria and proper safe use of basic rigging hardware, basic slings and spreader bars.
• Demonstrate safe use of tag lines for guiding loads and maintaining load stability.
• Develop a basic rigging plan.
• Demonstrate the correct signals for crane operators.
For more information please visit www.worldofconcrete.com or contact Informa at 972-536-6416.
Future Dates and Locations
|No courses scheduled|