Provider: Mason Contractors Association of America
Discipline: Masonry Products
This presentation was developed for Architects, Engineers, Construction managers and General Contractors through the Carolinas Concrete Masonry Association and the Masonry Institute of Michigan. Understanding Masonry will take a look at masonry’s:
- Quality of Performance will include the benefits that special inspection for structural masonry brings to the table.
- Cost Effectiveness will take a look at initial construction costs and life cycle analysis.
- Scheduling Efficiencies will examine the benefits achieved by using no-lead time order materials like concrete masonry units in the construction of masonry walls, lintels, stairways and elevator shafts.
- Energy Efficiencies will demonstrate how to open the cavity in a multi-wythe CMU and brick wall to increase the amount of insulation and explain the affects of Thermal Mass on R values.
- System Efficiencies will explain how the new RAM Bentley software can quickly, efficiently and economically design structural masonry elements.
For more information please visit www.masoncontractors.org or contact Mason Contractors Association of America at 800-536-2225.
Future Dates and Locations
|No courses scheduled|