St. Petersburg College - Palladium Theater
St. Petersburg, FL
Red Brookshire of Florida, Inc.
Architect: Canerday Belfsky & Arroyo Architects
General Contractor: Biltmore Construction Company
Suppliers: Commercial Concrete Systems, Inc.
Owner: St. Petersburg College
The project is the latest in the SPC’s bid to expand programming at their downtown campus. The original building was the First Church of Christ built in 1925, and it was acquired in 1998 by a group of civic leaders.
The Palladium Theater is the most versatile of the small venues in the bay area for concerts from jazz to gospel. It was paramount to the owner that the project match as closely as possible to the look of the original.
The brick was from Sioux City modular from Iowa and Commerical Concrete went to great lengths to come up with a match to the original cast stone. The brick work was done in a Flemish bond and some of the Precast (cornice & top cap) were manufactured un two and three pieces and then installed to present a one piece integral finish. The building is three stories with structural masonry and the architect designed a second floor bridge to tie the two structures together.
2009 MAF 1st Place Commercial