Steps, Landings & Elevations
Provider: School For Advanced Segmental Paving
STEPS, LANDINGS, AND ELEVATIONS
COURSE DESCRIPTION AND OBJECTIVES
During this 2 ½ day hands-on course, students will learn skills related to translation of elevation changes, stair and landing construction, and the material transitions as they interface with each other, related to Hardscape Steps, Landings and Pavers.
Course objectives include:
• Translate two dimensional plans into three dimensional layouts
• Form, pour and finish concrete steps
• Layout and install steps using segmental retaining wall (SRW) block and caps for treads
• Adhere pavers to existing concrete steps and landings using adhesives
• Adhere pavers to existing concrete steps and landings using mortar/thin set
• Marking, cutting and placement of treads, including pavers, bull nose and various natural stones.
• Marking, cutting and placement of pavers adjacent to all steps
• Installing railings, posts for fence
Materials used within the course include: Segmental Retaining Wall Block (SRW), Natural stone, Concrete, Pavers
Cost of the course is $1,020
For more information please visit www.paverschool.com or contact School For Advanced Segmental Paving at 952-226-6400.
Future Dates and Locations
|No courses scheduled|